Cheese used: Egg Cheese
Eggplant laced with Parmesan cheese and baked in freshly made pesto sauce.
- 1lb eggplant
- 2teaspoons salt
- 4tablespoons pesto sauce
- 4ounces grated mozzarella cheese(about 1 cup)
- 4tablespoons grated fresh parmesan cheese or 4 tablespoons romano cheese
- Pre-heat oven at 375°F, and oil a shallow baking pan.
- Cut the eggplant crosswise into 12 1/3 inch thick slices, discarding the ends.
- Arrange in one layer on paper towels.
- Sprinkle both sides of slices evenly with salt and cover with another layer of paper towels.
- Let eggplant stand 30 minutes.
- Rinse salt off, and pat dry with paper toweling.
- Arrange 4 eggplant slices in one layer in pan and spread each slice evenly with 1 teaspoon pesto.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons mozzarella evenly over pesto on each slice.
- Continue to layer remaining eggplant slices, pesto, and mozzarella in the same way.
- Sprinkle 1 Tablespoon parmesan or romano evenly over each stack and bake in middle of oven until eggplant is tender, 20 to 25 minutes.